Cisco UCS C220 M5 LFF Rack Server (Large Form Factor Disk Drive Model)
The Cisco UCS C220 M5 Rack Server is among the most versatile general-purpose enterprise infrastructure and application servers in the industry. It is a high-density 2-socket rack server that delivers industry-leading performance and efficiency for a wide range of workloads, including virtualization, collaboration, and bare-metal applications. The Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers can be deployed as standalone servers or as part of the Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) to take advantage of Cisco’s standards-based unified computing innovations that help reduce customers’ Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increase their business agility.
The Cisco UCS C220 M5 server extends the capabilities of the Cisco UCS portfolio in a 1-Rack-Unit (1RU) form factor. It incorporates the Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, supporting up to 20 percent more cores per socket, twice the memory capacity, 20 percent greater storage density, and five times more PCIe NVMe Solid-State Disks (SSDs) compared to the previous generation of servers. These improvements deliver significant performance and efficiency gains that will improve your application performance. The C220 M5 delivers outstanding levels of expandability and performance in a compact package, with:
● Latest (second generation) Intel Xeon Scalable CPUs with up to 28 cores per socket
● Supports first-generation Intel Xeon Scalable CPUs with up to 28 cores per socket
● Up to 24 DDR4 DIMMs for improved performance
● Support for the Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory (128G, 256G, 512G)
● Up to 10 Small-Form-Factor (SFF) 2.5-inch drives or 4 Large-Form-Factor (LFF) 3.5-inch drives (77 TB storage capacity with all NVMe PCIe SSDs)
● Support for 12-Gbps SAS modular RAID controller in a dedicated slot, leaving the remaining PCIe Generation 3.0 slots available for other expansion cards
● Modular LAN-On-Motherboard (mLOM) slot that can be used to install a Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) without consuming a PCIe slot
● Dual embedded Intel x550 10GBASE-T LAN-On-Motherboard (LOM) ports
Powering Next-Generation Applications
The Cisco UCS C220 M5 Rack Server is well-suited for a wide range of workloads, including:
● IT and web infrastructure
● High-performance virtual desktops
● Medium-sized and distributed databases
● Public cloud
C220 M5 servers can be deployed as standalone servers or in a Cisco UCS managed environment. When used in combination with Cisco UCS Manager, the C220 M5 brings the power and automation of unified computing to enterprise applications, including Cisco® SingleConnect technology, drastically reducing switching and cabling requirements.
Cisco UCS Manager uses service profiles, templates, and policy-based management to enable rapid deployment and help ensure deployment consistency. If also enables end-to-end server visibility, management, and control in both virtualized and bare-metal environments.
The Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC) delivers comprehensive out-of-band server management with support for many industry standards, including:
● Redfish Version 1.01 (v1.01)
● Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) v2.0
● Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v2 and v3
● Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
● Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP)
● HTML5 GUI
● HTML5 virtual Keyboard, Video, and Mouse (vKVM)
● Command-Line Interface (CLI)
● XML API
Management Software Development Kits (SDKs) and DevOps integrations exist for Python, Microsoft PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and more. For more information about integrations, see Cisco DevNet.
The C220 M5 is Cisco Intersight™ ready. Cisco Intersight is a new cloud-based management platform that uses analytics to deliver proactive automation and support. By combining intelligence with automated actions, you can reduce costs dramatically and resolve issues more quickly.