Cisco UCS C240 M5 SFF Rack Server (Small Form Factor Disk Drive Model)
The Cisco UCS C240 M5 Rack Server is a 2-socket, 2-Rack-Unit (2RU) rack server offering industry-leading performance and expandability. It supports a wide range of storage and I/O-intensive infrastructure workloads, from big data and analytics to collaboration. Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers can be deployed as standalone servers or as part of a Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) managed environment to take advantage of Cisco’s standards-based unified computing innovations that help reduce customers’ Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increase their business agility.
In response to ever-increasing computing and data-intensive real-time workloads, the enterprise-class Cisco UCS C240 M5 server extends the capabilities of the Cisco UCS portfolio in a 2RU form factor. It incorporates the Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, supporting up to 20 percent more cores per socket, twice the memory capacity, and five times more.
Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) PCI Express (PCIe) Solid-State Disks (SSDs) compared to the previous generation of servers. These improvements deliver significant performance and efficiency gains that will improve your application performance. The C240 M5 delivers outstanding levels of storage expandability with exceptional performance, with:
● The latest second-generation Intel Xeon Scalable CPUs, with up to 28 cores per socket
● Supports the first-generation Intel Xeon Scalable CPU, with up to 28 cores per socket
● Support for the Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory (128G, 256G, 512G)
● Up to 24 DDR4 DIMMs for improved performance including higher density DDR4 DIMMs
● Up to 26 hot-swappable Small-Form-Factor (SFF) 2.5-inch drives, including 2 rear hot-swappable SFF drives (up to 10 support NVMe PCIe SSDs on the NVMe-optimized chassis version), or 12 Large-Form-Factor (LFF) 3.5-inch drives plus 2 rear hot-swappable SFF drives
● Support for 12-Gbps SAS modular RAID controller in a dedicated slot, leaving the remaining PCIe Generation 3.0 slots available for other expansion cards
● Modular LAN-On-Motherboard (mLOM) slot that can be used to install a Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) without consuming a PCIe slot, supporting dual 10- or 40-Gbps network connectivity
● Dual embedded Intel x550 10GBASE-T LAN-On-Motherboard (LOM) ports
● Modular M.2 or Secure Digital (SD) cards that can be used for boot
High Performance for Data-Intensive Applications
The Cisco UCS C240 M5 rack server is well-suited for a wide range of enterprise workloads, including:
● Big data and analytics
● Small and medium-sized business databases
● Virtualization and consolidation
● Storage servers
● High-performance appliances
C240 M5 servers can be deployed as standalone servers or in a Cisco UCS managed environment. When used in combination with Cisco UCS Manager, the C240 M5 brings the power and automation of unified computing to enterprise applications, including Cisco® SingleConnect technology, drastically reducing switching and cabling requirements.
Cisco UCS Manager uses service profiles, templates, and policy-based management to enable rapid deployment and help ensure deployment consistency. If also enables end-to-end server visibility, management, and control in both virtualized and bare-metal environments.
The Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC) delivers comprehensive out-of-band server management with support for many industry standards, including:
● Redfish Version 1.01 (v1.01)
● Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) v2.0
● Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v2 and v3
● Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
● Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP)
● HTML5 GUI
● HTML5 virtual Keyboard, Video, and Mouse (vKVM)
● Command-Line Interface (CLI)
● XML API
Management Software Development Kits (SDKs) and DevOps integrations exist for Python, Microsoft PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and more. For more information about integrations, see Cisco DevNet (https://developer.cisco.com/site/ucs-dev-center/).
The C240 M5 is Cisco Intersight™ ready. Cisco Intersight is a new cloud-based management platform that uses analytics to deliver proactive automation and support. By combining intelligence with automated actions, you can reduce costs dramatically and resolve issues more quickly.